A former wood warehouse is now home to a Glass Studio, part of the National Glass Museum. Here the glassblowers keep the craft alive, producing the finest glass art objects six days a week. Fire, dexterity, pure muscle power and years of experience are needed to shape the hot, syrupy substance. Think you can take the heat?
Glassblowing is a spectacular display of craftsmanship. In Leerdam, the ‘glass capital of the Netherlands’, the Glass Studio has been established as part of the National Glass Museum. Here, on six days a week, you can watch from the audience as the skilled glassblowers ply their craft, turning hot molten glass into beautiful glass art objects.
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 12:00 to 17:00
- MJK (Museumjaarkaart)Free
- CJP (Cultureel Jongeren Paspoort)€7.50
Take a look
Carousel, use arrow keys to navigate.