The Mondriaanhuis is the birthplace of Piet Mondrian (1872-1944) and a museum experience for young and old. Piet Mondrian was born here and spent his childhood there. After the departure of the Mondriaan family, nothing reminded of the world-famous painter in this place for a long time, until the architect Leo Heidenrijk and his wife Cis turned it into the Mondriaanhuis in 1994 and opened it to the public. From the end of 2016, the Mondriaanhuis was temporarily closed for a major refurbishment. The museum was completely renovated and reopened on 7 March 2017.
Piet Mondrian has become world famous as one of the founders of (geometric) abstract art. The museum offers a platform to the artists who have continued in his line. The Mondriaanhuis Amersfoort is located in the center of Amersfoort.
8311 KG Amersfoort
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 10:00 to 17:00