Amsterdam Castle Muiderslot is one of the Netherlands’ best-known castles. Built on the orders of Floris V, Count of Holland, shortly after 1285, the square castle with its characteristic round corner towers and moat was restored between 1895 and 1910. The interior of the castle is mainly devoted to the 17th century, when it was the residence of the poet, author and historian P.C. Hooft.
The castle and its grounds regularly play host to special events, such as dinners in the castle gardens or tent camps in the orchard. The castle and museum also lend themselves well to visits with children!
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 10:00 to 17:00