Discover the story behind 175 years of railway in The Netherlands. Discover magnificent historic trains and explore the various components of the museum. An experience for the entire family.
Start your museum tour with the ‘Great Discovery’. A mine lift takes you back to the time before the invention of the steam engine. Stop for a moment and admire the first Dutch steam locomotive, "De Arend". Continue your museum visit in ‘Dream Journeys’. In an oriental auditorium, actors play scenes about the well-known Orient Express.
A roller coaster ride along life-size trains and locomotives? Make a blood-curdling journey under, in between and above hissing, whistling and pounding steel monsters. The 'Trial by Fire' takes you on a journey through almost two centuries of railway history. Everyone who takes the 'Trial by Fire' will feel as if they were the engine drivers of the old days.
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 10:00 to 17:00
- During Dutch school holidays opened on Mondays as well. Closed on New Year's Day and King's day (27th April).