Discover the story behind 175 years of railway in The Netherlands. Discover magnificent historic trains and explore the various components of the museum. An experience for the entire family.
Start your museum tour with the ‘Great Discovery’. A mine lift takes you back to the time before the invention of the steam engine. Stop for a moment and admire the first Dutch steam locomotive, "De Arend". Continue your museum visit in ‘Dream Journeys’. In an oriental auditorium, actors play scenes about the well-known Orient Express.
A roller coaster ride along life-size trains and locomotives? Make a blood-curdling journey under, in between and above hissing, whistling and pounding steel monsters. The 'Trial by Fire' takes you on a journey through almost two centuries of railway history. Everyone who takes the 'Trial by Fire' will feel as if they were the engine drivers of the old days.
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- During Dutch school holidays opened on Mondays as well. Closed on New Year's Day and King's day (27th April).