Museum Catharijneconvent shows the history of Christianity in the Netherlands through centuries-old art as well as contemporary art.
Paintings by Rembrandt, Pieter Saenredam and Jan van Scorel, relics, video art by Guido van der Werve and others, sculptures of saints, ancient manuscripts, a huge stained glass window by Marc Mulders and all there is to know about holidays such as Christmas, Easter and St Nicholas. This and more is on display in the Catharijneconvent Museum in a magnificent medieval convent. This oasis of art and culture is located in the centre and in walking distance from the Dom. The Catharijneconvent Museum tells the fascinating story of the past and present of Christianity in the Netherlands. With a collection consisting of Protestant and Catholic art and cultural objects, there is no other museum like this in the entire world.
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays